Περιγραφή θέσης εργασίας
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Trading/Chartering/Operations/Technical team concerning LPG and LNG specific technical and/or technical operational issues and projects that might occur on existing/potential fleet or assets.
- Provide Technical expertise and support in the newbuilding and existing fleet technology and development linked with all type of gas shipping business.
- Assist in enhancing the LPG/LNG technical knowledge of Trafigura trading / commercial / operations departments
- Enhance the commercial link between chartering desks / management and technical managers / technical team .
- Apply technical expertise in preparation of new projects associated budgets, resourcing and timelines
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Strong marine and technical skills with the ability to apply these into day to day operations Project management and team working attributes Preferred previous experience as a Superintendent, Bonus is background in one ofMarine Engineering,Naval ArchitectureManagement position within a Technical Manager Fluent in Spoken/Written English and ability to present to Trafigura employees/ external audience. Solid experience with inspections / vetting of vessels and analysing inspection reports. Experience with Marine outfitting and system integration projects Experience in day-to-day LPG and LNG operations with established companies in the sector. The ability to asses risk profile of technical points and accurately express these to technical/commercial teams. Experienced in introducing new or existing ships into service; new build (including plan approval, site team and commissioning), recruiting shore based teams, crewing strategy and resourcing, able to review the processes of writing and gaining approval for chartering and commercial acceptance. Experience in assessing new and second-hand oil and gas tonnage for purchase from an operational point of view. . Experienced in technical management operations and requirements Skilled to provide assessment and company-wide systems for safety, performance and purchasing functions. Willingness to travel worldwide at short notice including the potential to be working abroad (at project site / ship yard / sea trial /Trafigura office) for periods of time
Job Description Provide support to LPG/LNG Chartering and Trading teams in technical assessment regarding short/midterm chartering and/or ship assets including but not limited to vetting of inspection reports technical assistance in event of ship problems. Employee will expected to be able to make a decision on the suitability of vessels to trade within the Trafigura system (with the support of external stakeholders where required) Review of Technical ship Specifications, comparing between various technological options and overall technical solutions and recommending potential applications Support the Group’s Gas Shipping Projects and Operations with suggestions and solutions for operational or performance issues Develop and hold key relationship with Gas equipment and complex gas systems vendors Support in the selection of shipbuilding supervision teams and the day-to-day reporting/assessment of their work. Help analyse/detail ongoing issues & concerns on Trafigura assets to ensure lessons are learnt for future projects.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Gas Chartering Shipping Operations Marine and Technical HSEC Management
Joint to Head of Technical and Head of Shipping