Περιγραφή θέσης εργασίας
Main Purpose:1) Provide day-to-day technical support to Technical/Operations/Chartering team concerning LPG and LNG specific technical and/or technical operational issues and projects that might occur on existing/potential fleet or assets.
2) Assist in enhancing the LPG/LNG technical knowledge of Trafigura trading / commercial / operations departments
3) Provide Technical expertise and support, as well as handle newbuilding and existing fleet projects linked with all type of gas technologies and developments of the gas shipping business.
4) Attending the ships and doing ship condition assessments / specification preparation / attendance in repair or NB yards
5) Evaluating vessel's repairs requests by the technical managers and reviews the quoted costs/ time involved/ quality in conjunction with vessel's trading commitments.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
1. Provide support to LPG/LNG Chartering and Shipping Operations teams in technical assessment regarding short/midterm chartering and/or ship assets including but not limited to vetting of inspection reports technical assistance in event of ship problems. Employee will be expected to be able to assist in the decision making on the suitability of vessels to trade within the Trafigura system
2. Review of Technical ship Specifications, comparing between various technological options and overall technical solutions and recommending potential applications
3. Support the Group’s Gas Shipping Projects and Operations with suggestions and solutions for operational or performance issues
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- Strong marine and technical skills with the ability to apply these into day to day operations
- Project management and team working attributes
- Preferred previous experience as a Superintendent or sailing experience as Gas Engineer/Engineer
- Favorably will be considered applicants that hold one of the following:
- A Degree in Marine Engineering,
- A Degree in Naval Architecture
- Worked as a service engineer on gas handling equipment
- Fluent in Spoken/Written English and ability to present to Trafigura employees/ external audience.
- Solid experience with inspections / vetting of vessels and analysing inspection reports.
- Experience with Marine outfitting and system integration projects
- Experience in day-to-day LPG and LNG operations with established companies in the sector.
- The ability to asses risk profile of technical points and accurately express these to technical/commercial teams.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Gas Chartering
- Shipping Operations
- Marine and Technical